WDSF Youth Standard
On the first World Ranking competition of the second day of the Winter Dance Festival in Dortmund, 34 couples were on the floor. Throughout four rounds, the couples proofed their outstanding talents and offered high-class dancing. With elaborated choreographies and impressive floor craft, Semen Khrzhnovskiy / Vitalin Bunina took home their second WiDaFe gold medal of the weekend; the day before they had already won the WDSF Youth Latin competition. Runners-up were Dmitry Malakhov / Varvara Malakhova, also from Russia. The third place remained in Germany. With their routine and finesse, Dominik Stöckl / Katharina Belz finished third.
1. Semen Khrzhanovskiy / Vitalina Bunina, Russia
2. Dmitry Malakhov /Varvara Malkhova, Russia
3. Dominik Stöckl / Katharina Belz, Tanzsportzentrum Stuttgart-Feuerbach
4. Jarek Toiger / Reelika Traks, Estonia
5. Alexander Pavlov / Mie Udesen, Denmark
6. Artem Kolesnikov / Maria Sedin, TD TSC Düsseldorf Rot-Weiß
Déjà-vu at the WDSF Junior I Standard
In the Standard block Sunday morning in Dortmund, the WDSF Junior I Standard competition was danced as well. 20 couples representing four nations competed there. All six couples in the final proofed their class and their quality, as they were the same couples who danced in the final of Junior I Latin the day before, just the placings differed a bit. German Pugachev / Ariadna Tishova from Russia won another time. Ragnar Traks / Kristina Volt finished fifth in Latin the previous day and they were runners-up in Standard. The bronze medal went to Germany to David Jenner / Elisabeth Tuigunov.
1. German Pugachev / Ariadna Tishova, Russia
2. Ragnar Traks / Kristina Volt, Estonia
3. David Jenner / Elisabeth Tuigunov, Die Residenz Münster
4. Nikita Pavlov / Taisia Malakhova, Russia
5. Alex-Daniel Nymmemees / Mileene Varik, Estonia
6. Marco Ziga / Xenia Stubert, Tanzsportzentrum Stuttgart-Feuerbach
The last WDSF Ranking List competition at the Winter Dance Festival 2015 - Junior II Latin
At the last ranking list competition at the Winter Dance Festival 2015, the audience remained cheering and supportive until almost the very end. 60 couples were competing and four rounds were needed to recall the final six. For the sixth time at that competition, the Russian national anthem was placed, celebrating the win of Egor Bernatsky / Marina Makarenko. From the semi-final on, they were the only couple not representing Germany as the other 11 couples. Runners-up was the strongest German couples Erik Heer / Elisabeth Byckov, followed by Efrem Kuzmichenko / Samira Hafez.
1. Egor Bernatsky / Marina Makarenko, Russia
2. Erik Heer / Elisabeth Byckov, OTK Schwarz-Weiß 1922 im SCS Berlin
3. Efrem Kuzmichenko / Samira Hafez, btc Grün-Gold der Turngemeinde in Berlin 1848
4. Daniel Lenz / Vanessa Viktoria Gerke, Schwarz-Weiß-Club Pforzheim
5. Christian Holweg / Anna-Marie Starikova, TSC Rot-Gold-Casino Nürnberg
6. Nikita Gross / Juliane Engelke, Grün-Gold-Club Bremen