In 2015, Rising Star Competitions were introduced in the DTV. As a reminder, find the regulations as established by the SAS and the State Council (Länderrat):
1. The SAS decides to introduce the pilot project Rising Star Competitions in Germany for Adults Standard and Latin as well as for Senior I Standard.
2. A series of three to five competitions will be established for A- and S-class couples, which will take place together with the DTV ranking list competitions - which are not danced as WDSF competitions - on the same weekend, at the same place.
3. Hereby, S-class couples will be enabled to dance twice on a weekend and A-class couples will have the possibility to dance in an official series of competitions similar to the ranking list competitions.
4. Adult Standard couples of the A- and S-class are eligible.
5. Adult Latin couples of the A- and S-class are eligible.
6. Senior I Standard couples of the A- and S-class are eligible.
7. Couples of the S-class placed 1-12 in the DTV ranking list, Youth couples placed 1-6 in the DTV youth ranking list and couples within the places 1-100 of the respective world ranking list are non eligible.
8. The pilot project is currently set for two years.
9. The prolongation of the pilot project requires a resolution by the SAS.
10. At Rising Star competitions, points to proceed to the next class will be awarded to couples from the A-class and the Youth.
11. After this resolution has been accepted by the State Council, it will be published in the DTV magazine and/or on the homepage of the DTV and will come into effect on Jan 1 st, 2015.