The open WDSF World Championship of Seniors II Standard took place on 15th November in Vancouver, Canada. Whereas in the past years there had been more than 150 couples starting, this time only 52 couples danced for the championship. Seven couples, four of which reached the round of the last 24, represented Germany. The only German couple in the final were Gert Faustmann/Alexandra Kley (Blau-Silber Berlin TSC). Starting with a sixth place in the slow waltz they placed themselves between places five and sixth. In the Quickstep however, they headed for it and were placed on three by the judges. In the overall result they only missed half a point for place five.
1. Carlo Wilmer Righero/Manuela Traversi (ITA)
2. Pierre Payen/Isabelle Reyjal (FRA)
3. Tiit Hindpere/Ene Hindpere (EST)
4. Alberto Belometti/Barbara Pini (ITA)
5. Andrea Rigeon/Barbara Remondini (ITA)
6. Gert Faustmann/Alexandra Kley (GER)
11. Stefan Kolip/Inge Kolip (TSC Rot-Weiß Lorsch Bergstraße)
13.-14. Jürgen Beck Claudia Kleineheismann (TSC Schwarz-Weiß Offenburg)
23. Oliver Dräger/Andrea Simon-Dräger (Tanz-Sport-Club Telos)
All results here .