122 couples started the world ranking competition in the early afternoon, at around 21.00 the six finalists were accounced. Already in the first round they were calling for the attention of the judges and they fueled their performance with every round. Marius-Andrei Balan / Nina Bezzubova clearly won all five dances and took home their third dC gold medal. Second in all dances were Pacel Pasechnik / Marta Arndt who were placed third last year. The biggest jump in the ranks was made by Anton Aldaev / Natalia Polukhina, they jumped from the sixth place last year to the third rank.
The competition for the places four to six was closer. In the end, Guillem Pasqual / Rosa Carne were placed fourth, followed by Juan Manuel Gomez / Marina Mangione on the fifth place. Cseke Zsolt Sandor / Anzhela Kuryshova were sixth.
Marius-Andrei Balan / Nina Bezzubova, Schwarz-Weiß-Club Pforzheim
2. Pavel Pasechnik / Marta Arndt, TSC Astoria Karlsruhe (10)
3. Anton Aldaev / Natalia Polukhina, Russia (15)
4. Guillem Pascual / Rosa Carne, Spain (22)
5. Juan Manuel Gomez / Marina Mangione, Spain (24)
6. Cseke Zsolt Sandor / Anzhela Kuryshova, Hungary (29)