In the Czech Ostrava Marius Iepure/Otlile Mabuse danced their
first World Championship in the show dance. Their freestyle
choreography had previously been received very well on national
ground. At the World Championship Iepure/Mabuse competed against 14
strong rivals and secured themselves the bronze medal in the end.
(Eva Maria Sangmeister)
Firstly the German delegation was irritated as Marius and Otlile were not called to the floor for the presentation of the final. After a pause two more couples were announced for the final. Being the last couple they presented their freestyle programme that was met with big approval by the audience and rewarded with the most applause. Narrowly they finished with the 3rd place, which could have been a 2nd place as well according to the German delegation.
1. Giacomo Lucchese/Francesca Berardi, Italien (40,81)
2. Vadim Garbuzov/Kathrin Menzinger, Österrich (39,75)
3. Marius Iepure/Otlile Mabuse, Deutschland (39,71)
4. Ilya Savinov/Diana Zakirova, Russland (39,43)
5. Marco Mancini/Nadyia Dyatlova, Ukraine (39,14)
6. Radim Pradka/Katerina Kolmanova, Tschechische Republik (38,07)
7. Yvo Eussen/Elisabeth Novotny, Schweden (37,64)
8. Alexey Panov/Olga Shniakina, Russland (36,64)