Balan/Moshenska German Champions again
It is always nice for the atmosphere in the hall if a couple from the hosting club is in the final. This was just the case at the German Championship Amateur Latin in Wetzlar, too. Not only the couple from Wetzlar, but also the three couples from Pforzheim and the two couples from Bochum and Bremen enthused the audience in the Rittal-Arena. In the end the spectators gave standing ovations to the finalists.
With the victory in all dances and a predominant majority of ones Marius-Andrei Balan/Khrystyna Moshenska defended their title in front of Timur Imametdinov/Nina Bezzubova. For Artur Balandin/Anna Salita, who had the majority of the 3rd place in all dances, it was their first time on the podium. The struggle about place 4 was very tight as two new couples in the final were heading for it. According to the skating system Zsolt Sándor Cseke/Malika Dzumaev, a new combination, won this fight in the end in front of Maxim Stepanov/Ksenya Rybina, who finished 7th last year. Evgeny Vinokurov/Christina Luft clearly were given the 6th place.
- Marius-Andrei Balan/Khrystyna Moshenska, Schwarz-Weiß-Club Pforzheim (5)
- Timur Imametdinov/Nina Bezzubova, Schwarz-Weiß-Club Pforzheim (10)
- Artur Balandin/Anna Salita, TTC Rot-Weiß-Silber Bochum (15)
- Zsolt Sándor Cseke/Malika Dzumaev, Grün-Gold-Club Bremen (22,5)
- Maxim Stepanov/Ksenya Rybina, Schwarz-Weiß-Club Pforzheim (22,5)
- Evgeny Vinokurov/Christina Luft, Schwarz-Rot-Club Wetzlar (30)
by Sonja Schäufler Uhr